[TriLUG] reading WMP XML in Linux

Douglas A. Whitfield whitdoug at email.unc.edu
Mon Jan 28 19:06:24 EST 2008

I've read that WMP can export its library,
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/knowledgecenter/howto/MediaInfoExp.aspx,
but I don't know if any Linux media players can read the file it produces.
My laptop has been ubuntu since day one, but my desktop still has Windoze
for a variety of reasons, my huge music library being one of them.  The
others are my three monitors and DVD/video (neither of which I've been able
to get to work on any Linux box, though I haven't tried the video all that
much).  I've never even gotten dual monitors to work, for that matter.  In
the end though, I can just buy a bigger monitor and just have one and buy a
DVD player for my TV and just forget those issues.  However, I don't yet
have a good work around for the library issue.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
--
Douglas A. Whitfield

UNC SILS, May 2008
Co-Founder Carolina Open Source Initiative
http://www.ibiblio.org/cosi
cell: 919-360-0306