[TriLUG] OT: free HPLJ III (parallel port) with proportional font cartridge

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Mon Jan 28 20:35:25 EST 2008

I bought this surplus from work a few years ago for a
friend, who never used it and who offered it back the other
day.

AFAIK it was a working printer at work and I successfully
demonstrated it for my friend at his house on delivery.
Tonight it's having a bit of trouble with paper jams when
feeding from the main tray (maybe it's out of practice, not
having been used for a while), but feeds a page OK from the
manual feeder. It has 29,000 pages and the ROM date is from
1990. The toner cartridge may be near its end of life (light
streaks down one side of the page).

Free to good home. If two people want it, I'll give it to
the most deserving cause (student, teacher...).

contact me off-list

Thanks
Joe