[TriLUG] domain registrars

Alan Porter porter at trilug.org
Thu Mar 13 13:07:34 EDT 2008

> Nice :) Thanks for the tip. I can't believe I never tried just
> choosing "hosted here" even though my site isn't hosted there. The
> option is available anyway, and it just works after that.

My domains used to be "hosted here".  But last year, I had to change
some DNS records for one of my domains (add MX records, add a couple
of A records for "smtp.* and pop3.*).  The guy I was working with
told me that I needed to switch it to "custom".  I wish I could
remember now what the problem was.  I think it had something to
do with "hosted here" nameservers working better for stuff that
really is hosted with GoDaddy.

So your mileage may vary if you use the "hosted here" option.

Alan

.