[TriLUG] rdesktop any good?

Michael Kimsal mgkimsal at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 09:22:53 EDT 2008

FWIW, deciding to go 'linux' doesn't have to be an all or nothing option.
XP works fine in vmware sessions on my laptop, and gets me around the odd
corners when I've needed to run something Windows-only.  Just some extra
food for thought as it sounds like Windows compatibility is still a need in
your day to day life.

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 8:41 AM, Christopher L Merrill <
chris at webperformance.com> wrote:

> Anyone use rdesktop for connecting to XP, vista and/or server 2003
> machines?  How well does it work?  Is it reliable?  Work over VPNs?
>
> I use Windows remote desktop quite a bit to access other systems
> here and I need to know if that will still be viable if I switch
> to Linux instead of Vista for my next laptop.
>
> TIA!

Michael Kimsal
http://michaelkimsal.com
919-455-8488