[TriLUG] rdesktop any good?

Christopher L Merrill chris at webperformance.com
Wed Mar 19 09:45:33 EDT 2008

Michael Kimsal wrote:
> FWIW, deciding to go 'linux' doesn't have to be an all or nothing option.
> XP works fine in vmware sessions on my laptop, and gets me around the odd
> corners when I've needed to run something Windows-only.  Just some extra
> food for thought as it sounds like Windows compatibility is still a need in
> your day to day life.

Oh, yes...VMware will absolutely have to be part of the equation. Our
product is partially cross-platform but 97% (or more) of our users are
on Windows, so I would probably have an XP VM running most of the time.
Fortunately, my most frequently used apps are all cross-platform and
I've been moving in that direction for years.  Of course, if part of
my motivation is to stop rewarding MS with my $$$ for Windows, this
doesn't really help...since I'd still need to buy a Windows license.
To make it worse, I'd have to pay even more since it wouldn't be a
discounted OEM license :(

I can dream, though.

chris at webperformance.com                |  http://webperformance.com
919-433-1762                            |  919-845-7601

Website Load Testing and Stress Testing Software & Services