[TriLUG] rdesktop any good?

Warren Myers volcimaster at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 11:00:22 EDT 2008

If you have an XP install currently you should already have the license for
it. So, if you run linux but want to put XP in your VM, you could use the
license for the copy you're currently running, and then stop using the old
install.

WMM

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 9:45 AM, Christopher L Merrill <
chris at webperformance.com> wrote:

> Michael Kimsal wrote:
> > FWIW, deciding to go 'linux' doesn't have to be an all or nothing
> option.
> > XP works fine in vmware sessions on my laptop, and gets me around the
> odd
> > corners when I've needed to run something Windows-only.  Just some extra
> > food for thought as it sounds like Windows compatibility is still a need
> in
> > your day to day life.
>
> Oh, yes...VMware will absolutely have to be part of the equation. Our
> product is partially cross-platform but 97% (or more) of our users are
> on Windows, so I would probably have an XP VM running most of the time.
> Fortunately, my most frequently used apps are all cross-platform and
> I've been moving in that direction for years.  Of course, if part of
> my motivation is to stop rewarding MS with my $$$ for Windows, this
> doesn't really help...since I'd still need to buy a Windows license.
> To make it worse, I'd have to pay even more since it wouldn't be a
> discounted OEM license :(
>
> I can dream, though.

http://warrenmyers.com
"God may not play dice with the universe, but something strange is going on
with the prime numbers." --Paul Erdős
"It's not possible. We are the type of people who have everything in our
favor going against us." --Ben Jarhvi, Short Circuit 2