[TriLUG] OpenWRT Needs to Reboot?

Maxwell Spangler maxpublic08 at maxwellspangler.com
Mon Mar 24 22:56:48 EDT 2008

On Mon, 24 Mar 2008, Randy Barlow wrote:

> Periodically, I need to reboot my Linksys WRT54Gv2 running OpenWRT 0.9

> I've also
> considered reverting to Linksys' software and setting up a computer as
> the router (to implement more complex port forwarding rules, DNS, and QoS).

You could also try DD-WRT if it has the features that meet your requirements.
Not trying to start an OpenWRT vs DD-WRT thread, just stating that if you're
willing to get away from linksys firmware you have options.  I've found DD-WRT
to be excellent and can't report any problems with the limited functionality
I've required of it in the past.

hth.

--
Maxwell Spangler