[TriLUG] Request Tracker and perl dependency nightmare

Brian Daniels bitmage at pobox.com
Tue Mar 25 09:43:44 EDT 2008

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 09:25:56AM -0400, David McDowell wrote:
> I'm running CentOS 4.x and intend to get Request Tracker up and
> running.  About 2-3 years ago I found a place that had a repo setup
> for RPMs of RT, including all the perl packages so that installing
> this beast wasn't such a nightmare.  That sight has disappeared.  RT
> has certainly grown since then as well, but even today, someone like
> Dag doesn't even appear to attempt the daunting task of having a repo
> work easily for RT installation.  Any tips or does someone know a
> secret location for the latest RPMs with the perl deps all figured
> out?  If not that, any tips on figuring out all the perl deps?  Please
> note that I'm not knowledgable in the world of perl...

RT includes a script rt-test-dependencies that can install them for you through
CPAN.  It still may require some handholding if something fails to install
(looking at the CPAN output and finding the missing dependency that prevented a
module from installing).

--Brian

--
Be it thy course to busy giddy minds
With foreign quarrels; that action, hence borne out,

Brian Daniels                  bitmage at pobox.com
      http://www.eviloverlord.net