[TriLUG] [OT] Switchvox SMB

jonc at nc.rr.com jonc at nc.rr.com
Tue Mar 25 10:49:48 EDT 2008

In general, I like the switchvox -- It's Asterisk, so you can't go far wrong.

The cost is a bit much (if you did the install yourself, you could easily save 25%), and they like to charge you a license for each softphone that connects to it... I think that is a bit bogus, so I generally recommend the Trixbox over the Switchvox.

The install of either are fairly easy *ONCE YOU READ THE DIRECTIONS*. Of course the instructions don't cover every situation, but you'll find the user communities are very active and quite helpful.
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Switchvox

If you are looking for consultants, I know that Cerient does Asterisk installs, and can easily handle a Switchvox install.
  http://www.cerient.net

If you are interested in Trixbox:
http://www.voipsupply.com/index.php?cPath=99_546

Good Luck!