[TriLUG] Apache2 / PHP / MySQL Help?

Douglas A. Whitfield whitdoug at email.unc.edu
Wed Mar 26 22:21:22 EDT 2008

Here I am chiming in post solved...but for future reference, I have a
friend who swears by www.apachefriends.org, though he uses a WAMP
stack.  They have bundles for LAMP, MAMP (beta, I think) and SAMP
(though only through version 8, I think).  I'm having my own troubles
with their WAMP version, but I'm not a guru on this stuff by any
means.  It comps with a lot of stuff besides Apache, MySQL, Perl and
PHP, including Mercury mail and a FileZilla server, which is overkill
in a lot of instances.  The problem I am having is getting the SMTP
service to turn off.  Mercury Mail isn't started but SMTP service
lives on.  I'm going to stop giving details on my problem now so as
not to derail. :)

--
Douglas A. Whitfield

UNC SILS, May 2008
Co-Founder Carolina Open Source Initiative
http://www.ibiblio.org/cosi
cell: 919-360-0306