[TriLUG] Apache2 / PHP / MySQL Help?

Brian McCullough bdmc at bdmcc-us.com
Wed Mar 26 21:43:47 EDT 2008

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 07:23:21PM -0400, Blanchard Steven wrote:
> To ask a stupid question, have you tried restarting apache after
> installing php4-mysql?  I just ran a quick check on my test box using
> php5.  The loading of the mysql.so module required a complete restart
> of apache, not just a force-reload.

Never a stupid question.  I had been doing so, but may not have the last
ten times that I have tried changing things.  I just shut down the
server, waited a minute or so, and then started.  Fortunately, even
though there are a dozen or two sites running on this server, they are
not overly busy.

????

Ta Daaaaa!

Suddenly, after all of this fighting, the mysql module shows up in
phpinfo()!

Incidentally, I did a complete reinstall of the PHP4, php4-mysql and
php4-gd modules, as well as adding the php4-pgsql module during the past
couple of days.

> Oddly enough, the gd.so module only required a force-reload to be
> recognized by my installation.
>
> Apologies if this was the first thing you tried

Thank you for the reminder, Steven!

Brian

P.S. Thank you all for your help over the past week.

B-)