[TriLUG] Eee?

Tom Roche Tom_Roche at pobox.com
Thu Mar 27 12:21:27 EDT 2008

I'm considering buying an Asus Eee, but am wondering:

* Can one get hands-on with an Eee locally? The main thing scaring me
   off is the undersized keyboard, so I'd like to try before I buy. I'm
   in ChHill close to Durham and RTP, could drive to Raleigh.

* How performant are filesystems mounted via SD or USB? I'm wondering
   if it makes sense to get a 4G instead of a 2G: one could get
   an additional 2G thumbdrive ~$20 instead of paying the $50 delta
   (2G->4G), but perhaps the installed drive space is much more
   performant?

TIA, Tom Roche <Tom_Roche at pobox.com>