[TriLUG] fedora 7 & 8 slowness?

jonesjc jonesjc at intrex.net
Sat Mar 29 03:08:52 EDT 2008

Justis,

No, I haven't priced ram and my main point is, I really should not have to add ram, since earlier distros worked well.

Someone earlier suggested modifying swappiness, which I have tried and that definately does make a difference. Once I modify swappiness to about 30, all applications seem to respond at a reasonable level.

Now somehow, I need to make that permanent.

Each time I reboot, swappiness is back to 60.

Thanks for your comments and suggestions.

Let's consider this thread closed.

jcj