[TriLUG] fedora 7 & 8 slowness?

Justis Peters jtrilug at indythinker.com
Fri Mar 28 23:31:56 EDT 2008

James c. Jones wrote:
> I recently took Ubuntu & mepis off of my laptop and installed fedora 7.
> Luckily I still have the install cd's for it.
>
> I am hoping that there is a solution so that I won't have to do that. (
> other than adding memory. )

James,

Have you actually priced the memory?  I was shopping for a laptop
battery last night and, despite those still being outrageously
expensive, I was nearly shocked at how little a gig of RAM cost.  $15 /
$20 / $30 for 256MB / 512 MB / 1GB.  I could barely find an A/C adapter
for prices that good.

Maybe your laptop has different prices, but it's worth a look.  Perhaps
$20 could just solve the problem and you're done.  Best of luck.

Kind regards,
Justis Peters