[TriLUG] Off Topic: Need Cisco Router Config Help

Chris Bullock cgbullock at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 3 22:30:19 EDT 2008

Sounds to me like your DNS is pointing to your public IP address, and
since you are coming from the inside it will not NAT anything on the
inside.  Again, a simple test it to perform a host private.opennms.com and
see what it resolves to.

If you are inside your network, NAT does not come into play *ever* unless
you have multiple internal subnets.  the only time you will/should NAT is
when you go outside your network or subnet.  The new cisco device can't
NAT an address inside your network unless you have some sort of aliases on
the router that is "answering" on the IP address you want to access.  It
is also possible that the linksys was providing some sort of lookup when a
device pulled dhcp it would  write this in its host file.