[TriLUG] hands-on Eee

Tom Eisenmenger teisenmenger at charter.net
Sun Apr 13 20:21:20 EDT 2008

Simple solution seems to be to install Ubuntu, then.   ;-)

A colleague has one that he let me play around with a bit.  I agree with
the sentiments already posted:  small screen hard on my eyes but usable,
small keyboard will take some getting used to, snappy performance - and
that was running WinXP!!  This Eee is being implemented in a pilot
program by the Murfreesboro Police Department, for use in their squad
cars.  WinXP is necessary due to some proprietary software they are using.

Tom Eisenmenger