[TriLUG] Pony request: Backup Solution

John Broome jbroome at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 11:11:46 EDT 2008

I've been looking at all of the rsync-based backup programs and I
haven't found one that does exactly what I need.

Here's the wish list:

Works with rsyncd, i don't want to use ssh for the transport.
I'd like to push the backups offsite.
Incremental backups with hard links to save space
Backups are kept as live files instead of .tar or .gz

I really like rsnapshot, but i haven't seen how to get it to work with rsyncd.

I'm open to any suggestions, thanks trilug!

Saying that Hillary has Executive Branch experience is like saying
Yoko Ono was a Beatle.
 --JSN on dailykos