[TriLUG] Pony request: Backup Solution

Matt Pusateri mpusateri at wickedtrails.com
Thu Apr 17 12:52:01 EDT 2008

rsnapshot rocks!

Give us more info:

1. Why don't you want to use ssh?,  What transport mechanism do you want
to use?
2. Why do you want to use rsyncd?

rsnapshot seems to all your other needs mentioned.  rsnapshot will work
with scripts, so you might be able to script around your needs, but for
the most part it's a pull method over ssh.

I can probably give some info of how I implemented it at $work.

Matt P.