[TriLUG] pitching Ubuntu vs Vista

Jim Ray jim at neuse.net
Sun May 11 09:51:56 EDT 2008

The value proposition for Ubuntu vs. Windows is best illustrated by
extrapolating the cost of the desktop operating systems, desktop
applications and client access licenses for servers. Initial setup for
the open source solution tends to cost more because of the qualified
labor required for setup and training.

However, as the number of desktops increases, the licensing cost
outweighs the cost of initial labor and makes overwhelming business
sense to many people.

Unfortunately, some folks just don't get it and will continue to use
Windows.

Regards,

Jim

Jim Ray, President
Neuse River Networks
tel: 919-838-1672 cell: 919-606-1772
http://www.NeuseRiverNetworks.com

Connecting You to the World since 1997

We specialize in managed services, IT outsourcing and installation of
network communications systems for voice, video and data.