[TriLUG] OT: SFTP international laws

Glenn Starling GJStarling at charter.net
Sat May 31 00:51:01 EDT 2008

My daughter is a US citizen living in Honduras.  She wants to send a
large number of vacation photos to us.  I want to give her an SFTP
account on one of my servers so she can upload the photos there.

I haven't had any reason to keep up with the encryption laws.  A Google
search didn't turn up any current definitive information, but I know
many of the restrictions have been released in the past 6 years or so.

Second question:  Does anyone know the Honduran regulations?

I'm planning on visiting her this summer, and I'll also be needing SSH
back to my customer's web sites while I'm there.  Otherwise, I'd just
give her FTP access.

Thanks!

-- Glenn