[TriLUG] Vista

Christopher L Merrill chris at webperformance.com
Thu Jul 10 14:45:44 EDT 2008

Kevin Hunter wrote:
> The tough question: is there a market for a web based and open version
> of quickbooks?

If it did a good job, we'd buy it in a heartbeat.  It would have to
resolve the problem that Ron mentioned where small companies need
compatibility with accounting services and payroll services...whatever
that might mean in terms of data formats, etc.

> I'm making a (perhaps erroneous) assumption that the majority of folks
> on this list would want this open source, and likely free, but that

I think this is a perfect example of how/why FOSS hasn't penetrated
into the business world in some places.  I know people here care
about how the software is sold or distributed, but as a businessman,
I don't give a crap about free or open source. I want good value.
I want a solution to a problem that is reliable and cost-effective.
That does NOT mean free...because there's no such thing.

just my 2c

chris at webperformance.com                |  http://webperformance.com
919-433-1762                            |  919-845-7601

Website Load Testing and Stress Testing Software & Services