[TriLUG] [OT] TechShop pre-opening celebration

Justis Peters jtrilug at indythinker.com
Fri Jul 11 03:43:54 EDT 2008

As I mentioned at tonight's meeting, the Durham franchise of TechShop
has finally secured a location and they're having a "pre-opening
celebration" this Saturday night, from 19:00-22:00. RSVP required:
  http://durham.techshop.ws/rsvp_07122008.html

For those not already in the know, here's a blurb from the website for
the original TechShop (in Menlo Park):
  http://www.techshop.ws/
  "TechShop is a fully-equipped open-access workshop and creative
environment that lets you drop in any time and work on your own projects
at your own pace.  It is like a health club with tools and equipment
instead of exercise equipment...or a Kinko's for geeks."

Our local TechShop is going to be by the airport in a 25,000 sq. ft.
facility and is going to have an amazing diversity of equipment available:
  http://durham.techshop.ws/

I marked this thread "off topic", but I look forward to seeing who dares
to bring it on-topic. Can anybody say "open source hardware"?

I hope to see you there.

Kind regards,
Justis