[TriLUG] Mailing list guidance requested...

Maxwell Spangler maxpublic08 at maxwellspangler.com
Sat Jul 19 11:31:34 EDT 2008

On Sat, 2008-07-19 at 01:40 -0400, Thomas Moriarty wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was wondering anyone here could give me a few tips regarding running a
> mailing list.  Currently, I run one for a friend's rock band and it is
> getting to the point that I need to look beyond just using Thunderbird.
> I want to find a solution that allows us to send out newsletters and
> allows users to subscribe and unsubscribe automatically.  Any
> suggestions and pointers and links to resources would be greatly
> appreciated.

iContact is a web-based commercial mailing list service run out of
Durham.  We use it to enable non-IT folks to administer, use and track
marketing through broadcast emails.  It's simple, friendly, reliable and
the folks I've met in person from iContact are good people.

Also, very low cost for what is being off loaded onto their servers and
software..

--
Maxwell Spangler
Research Triangle Park, NC, USA