[TriLUG] OT: Website Administrator position

Ron Joffe rjoffe at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 29 15:53:35 EDT 2008

On Tuesday 29 July 2008 15:42, Ruth Suehle wrote:
> Joomla's not it, IMO. I don't think the interface is noob-friendly at all.
> I've tried. Actually, I don't think the interface is that friendly at all.
> It's possible that that opinion is based on a version or so ago, but unless
> it's changed dramatically... yuck.

I recently set up a corporate site using Joomla. I have two sets of comments.

1. Initial configuration of the web site was a bit of a PITA, some of the
basic concepts of Joomla were just foreign to me.

2. Once set up Joomla is super easy to utilize, and I don't think that anyone
would need any training at all to start editing and adding content.

my 2c