[TriLUG] Oh cool my router runs Linux!!!

David A. Cafaro dac at trilug.org
Tue Jul 29 21:40:21 EDT 2008

Ok, I had no clue that Netgear had in braced linux so much.  I knew
they had just released a g based router specifically for supporting
linux hobbyists, but I just found this page:

http://kbserver.netgear.com/kb_web_files/open_src.asp

And download the firmware source code for my brand new WNR3500
Wireless N gigabit switch router.  In the source code includes full
instructions for building the firmware from source so that you can
load your own built firmware.

Now not sure it includes everything you need for a working router, but
this does have some potential, just need to dig further and see what's
there.

Anyone else notice this?

-David

David A. Cafaro <dac at trilug.org> <dac at cafaro.net>