[TriLUG] Flash Drive Size Limit?

Scott Chilcote scottchilcote at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 5 10:37:47 EDT 2008

Ron Young wrote:
> All,
>
> I have an acquaintance who is currently using two flash drives (a 1GB and a
> 2GB) interchangeably between his windoze box and his linux box with no
> problems.  He has recently bought a 3GB flash drive and though it works in
> his windoze box he is unable to use it in the linux box.
>
> Is there a way to format the 3GB flash drive to work on both OSs?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Hi Ron,

Is it possible that the drive is not a USB Mass Storage compatible
device?  Did it require a special device driver to install on Windows?

I have seen this with MP3 Players, but not on flash drives.  I have a
Sanyo MP3 player that is not USB mass storage compatible and therefore
worthless on linux.  It's also pretty cripped on Windows...  :-P

Scott C.