[TriLUG] Flash Drive Size Limit?

Alan Porter porter at trilug.org
Tue Aug 5 10:46:23 EDT 2008

> Is it possible that the drive is not a USB Mass Storage compatible
> device?  Did it require a special device driver to install on Windows?

That 3GB size is a red flag to me... it would not surprise me if it were
actually a 4GB drive, with some special sauce on the 1GB partition and a
data area on the 3GB partition.

If you plug the drive into a Linux machine, do you see anything in
"dmesg" that looks like a SCSI device was plugged in?  If so, try
running fdisk on that drive, and look at the partitions.  If it's set up
in a way you don't like, then create one big partition on the device and
then format it as fat32.

Alan

.