[TriLUG] X video modes for CentOS 5 on a PowerEdge 300

Craig Taylor ctalkobt at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 17:23:57 EDT 2008

When it's looking bad, try using Ctrl-Alt keypad minus and see if you just
need to bump the resolution down.  To get it to "stick" at the lower
resolution use the gui to set resolution.

Failing that, for ubuntu, look under /etc/X11 for xorg.conf and search for
modeline. Adjust / comment out for what you need.

For centos, it should be similair - it might be under /etc/X - do a locate
if need be on X*.conf to find it.