[TriLUG] Linux Podcast Rigs Part Deux

Chess Griffin chess at chessgriffin.com
Fri Aug 29 15:18:58 EDT 2008

Wayne Henley wrote:
> I would like to build a podcast rig using OSS software. My main requirements are multitrack recording and audio editing.
>

> I forgot to mention that I already have all of the hardware, except for the mixer.
> I would like to do that in software if possible.
>
> Sorry for the double post,
>
> ~ Wayne

When I was doing the Linux Reality podcast, I initially recorded onto a
cheap iRiver 790 and then edited the file in Audacity.  Later, I bought
a digital WAV recorder that mounted as a usb mass storage device and
still did the editing in Audacity.  I tried recording directly into
Audacity with mixed results.  Some folks were looking forward to
Jokosher, but I believe development has slowed a bit, although still
ongoing.  It might be another option.

Good luck!

--
Chess Griffin