[TriLUG] Weather Station

Tarus Balog tarus at opennms.org
Thu Sep 11 09:50:32 EDT 2008

On Sep 11, 2008, at 9:07 AM, Jim Tuttle wrote:

> Someone here has a weather station that collects weather data that
> they
> then upload to a website.  I wonder if someone would be so kind as to
> point me to that site and some description of the equipment involved.
> It looked very interesting and a colleague was considering
> implementing
> something similar but didn't know where to begin.

It might have been me.

http://www.sortova.com

I have a Davis Vantage Pro, which they don't make anymore, but they
have a Pro II:

http://www.davisnet.com/weather/products/stations.asp

For software I use wview:

http://www.wviewweather.com/

In order to get the adapter you need to connect it to a computer
you'll have to buy the WeatherLink software, but it's not very good,
use wview.

-T

Tarus Balog, OpenNMS Maintainer             Main:   +1 919 533 0160
The OpenNMS Group, Inc.                     Fax:    +1 503 961 7746
Email: tarus at opennms.org                    URL: http://www.opennms.org
PGP Key Fingerprint: 8945 8521 9771 FEC9 5481  512B FECA 11D2 FD82 B45C