[TriLUG] mythtv and time warner cable

Wing D Lizard wingedlizard at nc.rr.com
Wed Oct 29 13:37:13 EDT 2008

I finally got around to building a mythtv box.  I would like to
use it with time warner cable and perhaps get rid if my dvr.

I've downloaded mythubuntu, installed it and started setting
it up.  I have a pchdtv-3000, that I bought 1+ year ago.

I have a question about some of the settings.  Assuming I want
to use twcable, what do I use for 'Channel Frequency Table'?
I have options like:

    us-bcast
    us-cable
    us-cable-hrc
    us-cable-irc

Do I use V4L or DVB?  It looks like the card is recognized by both.

what about QAM-256, QAM-128,QAM-64, 8-VSB?  what are the other
options on the 'SCAN CONFIGURATION' screen?

Thanks
Brett