[TriLUG] asterisk question

Greg Brown gwbrown1 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 18:28:04 EST 2008

I want to install an Asterisk system for about 10 computers.  I'd like to
restrict the phones to dialing either 911 or a property manager.  I assume
this is possible.  Is it?

There will be a single POTS line in this configuration and that POTS line be
used for the DSL connection.  Could I set up some kind of system that would
uset the POTS line first and the upstream VoIP provider second if the POTS
line were already used?  What hardware woudl be required for this?  Are
there any embeddded systems that could do this?

Why am so I smitten with embedded systems?  No fans.  No moving parts.
Because the phones will be restricted to only 911 and the property manager
and there will be no incoming calls is it possible to somehow recored all
outgoing calls in case there are any future legal concerns involving these
calls?

I'm really scratching my head here.  Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly
appreciated.

Greg