[TriLUG] Wireless Router Recommendations

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Wed Nov 19 07:17:27 EST 2008

On Tue, 18 Nov 2008, Ron Young wrote:

> All,
> I have a need to install a wireless router in a small business.  This router
> would serve one of his employees in the shop with a laptop and the
> occasional customer in the waiting room.

I have the router and wap as separate boxes.

I'm happy with the early series WRT54GS, which I get off
e-bay. I'm running WRT, but there are other linux distros
for the same machine that people on this list like.

I would have at least two waps, so that you can bring one
down for service, and maintain connectivity. I have them on
UPSs as they lock up occassionally if you don't

Joe