[TriLUG] New Vista laptop needs Linux

Carl Crider c.crider at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 17:19:33 EST 2008

I had the same "jumbled" screen with another laptop. I had to use the
"fn" key and then F6 or F7 to resolve it. Entering the correct video
settings into the xorg.conf file (post install) had everything working
right. In my case it was the proper refresh rates as below.

HorizSync
VertRefresh

Glenn:

 Is "linux acpi=noirq" what you are referring to?