[TriLUG] New Vista laptop needs Linux

Glenn Starling gjstarling at charter.net
Tue Dec 16 15:14:47 EST 2008

I have had good luck at several stores just asking the sales person helping
me if I could "try" Ubuntu.  They said "yes" and watched me as I booted the
live version.  I also indicated that it would not write anything to their
hard disk.  I had already asked for their machine recommendation and they
knew that I was going to put Linux on the machine if I bought it.

Glenn