[TriLUG] Family home video dvd Question

James Jones jc.jones at tuftux.com
Tue Dec 30 09:11:49 EST 2008

Tim,

My video capture is done via firewire from my sony dcr-trv350
handycam. Some of the video tapes were vhs, some were vhs-c. I
recorded these to my handycam via analog composite input to the sony
camera. Then I captured them into the computer via firewire. Not the
most efficient way, but it worked.

What Linux-only video capture card do you have?

My computer is a home assembled system. I can give details if you need
that as well.

jcj