[TriLUG] New Year's Resolution: Backup my data (backuppc rocks)

James Tuttle jjtuttle at trilug.org
Wed Dec 31 09:05:31 EST 2008

> Now I just need to get a couple of external drives for a rotating
> offsite backup scheme via sneakernet (cable modem upload speed just
> seems to slow to backup 100's of GB over the internet) and I can sleep
> at night again.

I use the off-site sneakernet approach, too.  I have a
Truecrpyt-encrypted external drive in my desk drawer at work that I
bring home periodically, refresh, and take back.  35 miles isn't very
geographically diverse, but it's the best I can do.

---Jim Tuttle
http://www.braggtown.com
PGP Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x69B69B08