[TriLUG] Linux for the home user

Matt Pusateri mpusateri at wickedtrails.com
Fri Jan 23 09:32:37 EST 2009

Jason,

First I would like you to pass on to said employer that we do
appreciate the Trilug discount they give members :)

Secondly, Ubuntu seems to be one of the best of things just working
out of the box.  Oh, here's a restricted driver for your wireless
would you like to use it? Sure, wow, wireless works :)   Now the state
of wireless is much better than it used to be, but it is an example of
not having to jump through hoops b/c of a binary blob.  I don't know
of anything that's entirely newbie friendly.  One question I have is
will $work allow you to spend your down time at work testing floor
machines for linux compatability.  then you can say these two machines
would be good choices if you want to run linux, but this machine over
here, not so much; unless your linux savy.

Matt P.