[TriLUG] OT: DAS recommendation

Kevin Flanagan kevin at flanagannc.net
Tue Jan 27 18:50:34 EST 2009

You may want to check out coraid.com they have ATA over Ethernet, much like
ISCSI, but ATA instead, where you present LUNs to the hosts involved.  The
specs look pretty impressive, and others such as Netapp are moving to SCSI
over Ethernet, so it seems to be in the right direction.  The cost model for
Coraid's products seem to be pretty good too.

I have not however used these things.

Kevin