[TriLUG] Mono on 1and1 Linux servers?

Michael Ham michael at bakedhamgames.net
Sat Feb 7 02:56:52 EST 2009

Hi everyone,

I have been trying to learn .NET lately as I think it may be required if I
wish to keep my job.  I was pretty excited when I heard about mono because I
initially figured I was doomed to Windows servers for good.

Anyway, I have a few things running on a 1and1 server that I pay for, but,
of course, I got the Linux server space instead of their Microsoft fare.  I
wonder if anyone here also uses 1and1, and if so, has anyone been able to
install mono on their server space?  I am new to mono as well, so it may be
a very easy thing that I can do, but I haven't tried anything yet.

Let me know if anyone has any experience with this.

Thanks!

Michael Ham