[TriLUG] OOo, PDF and Lulu

Tim Jowers timjowers at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 08:21:12 EDT 2009

No need for .dork files!  Linux can do it all.

  Print to ps file and ps2pdf.  I've done it for several books and
released them through LuLu. Oo Writer is a very great tool for writing
books. I used 100% open source products to produce my Business Guide
to Free Information Technology in 2006. The one shortcoming I did find
in writer was in producing a website of your book. Of course that is a
special case. I wound up writing some Java code to take the one big
hue HTML file they kick out and turn it into a chapter by chapter
website. I think its something like:

ps2pdf14 -dSubsetFonts=false -dEmbedAllFonts=true DaPostScrip.ps DaRevToLuLu.pdf

BTW, one of the original - if not the original - uses of Unix was in publishing.

Rockon open source,
Tim