[TriLUG] This is not good

Dave Moody davethebald at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 21 06:50:52 EDT 2009

How about from the user end?  How will an experienced user not familiar with the SW guts of the products likely be affected?  Does Oracle compete enough in any of these areas that they might simply pull products?  Or assimilate them into their own products?  Might they leave them alone and let them ride as additional services offered by Oracle?  The dbas may not be happy, probably with good reason, but will the end user see this?  Probably too soon to tell.

Alternatively, might Oracle use Sun products and technology to improve Oracle products?

Ignorantly yours.....

Dave