[TriLUG] This is not good

Christopher L Merrill chris at webperformance.com
Tue Apr 21 08:26:19 EDT 2009

mgmonza wrote:
> That leaves PostgreSql as the only free SQL database, I believe.  It's

Ignoring the plethora of free databases, don't ya think you're jumping
the gun a little?

First, it's open-source...and thus not easy to kill.  Worst case, no more
funding for development - which means the community will have to continue
development.

Second, Oracle didn't buy MySql, they bought Sun - MySql is along for the
ride.  Oracle wanted hardware, Solaris and Java.  I wouldn't be surprised
if they put MySql up for sale.

chris at webperformance.com                |  http://webperformance.com
919-433-1762                            |  919-845-7601

Website Load Testing and Stress Testing Software & Services