[TriLUG] This is not good

Christopher L Merrill chris at webperformance.com
Tue Apr 21 09:38:44 EDT 2009

Greg Brown wrote:
> Didn't we already go round and round on this dance with J++ back in the
> day?  Or was the problem with J++ was that MS was trying to commercialize a
> fork of a open source project?  It was a while ago.. details are fuzzy.

Java wasn't open source then. M$ licensed it and then allegedly violated the
terms of the license.  MS called it Java, but it wasn't quite Java.  I don't
remember the details beyond that.

The pseudo-java being used in Android (Google, again) might also be
considered a fork by some. Or the pre-cursor to one.

chris at webperformance.com                |  http://webperformance.com
919-433-1762                            |  919-845-7601

Website Load Testing and Stress Testing Software & Services