[TriLUG] Linux netbook recommendations?

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Mon May 4 14:01:23 EDT 2009

On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 9:27 AM, John Broome <jbroome at gmail.com> wrote:
> Rodney Radford wrote:
>
>> Any thoughts, comments, advice - about the netbook, usb modems, or
>> the conference in general?
>
> I have no experience with the company, or the product use under linux
> but i have seen commercials for this:
> http://www.mycricket.com/broadband/
>
> 3G usb cell modem, $40/month, no contracts.
>
> YMMV, HTH, HAND, etc

When did they start offering no contracts?  I had 2 weeks last
summer where Time Warner Cable severely fscked up my internet
and I had not net access and I was looking for whatever I could
do to get online from home, but I was told I couldn't get Cricket
(or maybe it was another provider?) unless I signed a 2 year
contract.  I would have shelled out $40 in a heartbeat if I didn't
have to sign a long term contract.

Cheers,
Tanner
--