[TriLUG] Linux netbook recommendations?

Bob Evans bobevans19 at gmail.com
Mon May 4 14:41:50 EDT 2009

Rodney
Have fun at the conference...

I have had good luck with an ASUS EEE that I bought at Target after
Thanksgiving. I haven't modified it at all. It runs a version of XANDROS for
Netbooks. I opted for no web cam, so it was $350(I think)...
They currently sell for $300 at the same store. I have heard rumblings that
the price will continue to drop for the next 6 months. Time will tell...

The nice thing is - if I DO break it, it goes back to Target for a no hassle
exchange... because they don't differentiate between Netbooks and, say,
blenders...

Another good reason to be American / buy American, even if that means buying
an Indonesian computer at a French store.

YMMV

-be