[TriLUG] OT: Lightning protection (was DTV transition and new ATSC frequencies)

Neil L. Little nllittle at embarqmail.com
Mon Jun 15 10:13:21 EDT 2009

yep, but those best practices will take you a long way. Know a fellow
ham who lives up around Rolesville on top of a granite outcrop. That was
solid granite below 6 inches of
soil. To put up fence posts in his back yard he had to drill into the
rock for each and every post. He told me that anytime lightning struck
anywhere within a 3 mile radius of
his house something would blow. It took him 5 years a Ufer ground and
other things but now he can have a strike across the street and not
worry. Yes best practices can go
a long way.

73,
Neil, WA4AZL