[TriLUG] presentation ideas

Alan Porter porter at trilug.org
Tue Jun 16 09:41:59 EDT 2009

Hi folks,

Now that the SC elections are over, your new steering committee
is trying to shake our collective hangover.  And we're pretending
to be hard at work, arranging entertaining and informative programs
for upcoming meetings.

This is where YOU come in.  We're looking for ideas of what you
would like to see.  This includes ideas that you've been thinking
about presenting yourself, or perhaps an unsuspecting friend who
you'd like to volunteer for a presentation.

Over the last year, we've tried out a mix of formats and topics.
See http://trilug.org/~porter/meetings

Some programs highly technical, some were evangelical, some were
more socio-geeky, some even had a pretty tenuous link to Linux and
Open Source.  We've done one-speaker stand-up's, a panel discussion,
lightning talks, a holiday social, and even one certification party.
I've heard a few folks mention that they'd like to see some hands-on
sessions, too.

So here's a chance for you to shout out an idea, or perhaps even
volunteer yourself for a presentation.

Just so you know, the pipeline right now has one confirmed speaker
(for September), and a lot of "TBD".

And if that's not enough motivation for you, if a meeting date
approaches and we still have not found a speaker, you guys will
have to sit through an hour of me talking about PAM, Pluggable
Authentication Modules.

Alan

.