[TriLUG] Kmail: changing font for message list and getting message-send_again to work?

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Thu Jul 23 19:19:53 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I just moved from Mandriva 2008.1 to Ubuntu 9.0.4. Unfortunately, every single
change in Kmail is a hassle rather than an improvement. I can live with most
of them, but two make things really messy:

1) I can configure Kmail to change fonts in all lists and the message window
and the composer window, EXCEPT for the messages window. For some reason, the
messages window remains eeny teeny unreadable 9 point no matter how I set it.
Do I have to set it from KDE itself, and if so, what program do I run to alter
KDE settings?

2) My new KDE grays out message->send again after I unsuccessfully send an
email (which happens quite often for reasons not connected to Kmail). Message-
>send-again always worked on Mandriva's Kmail. How do I get that to
consistently work?

Thanks

SteveT