[TriLUG] TriJUG meeting reminder: tomorrow (Monday)

Pete Soper pete at soper.us
Sun Aug 16 21:43:44 EDT 2009

Triangle Java User's Group presents:

Agile Software Testing Strategies
by Jared Richardson

Monday August 17, 2009
6:30 PM - 9:00 PM

Meeting at Nortel Networks
4001 E. Chapel Hill-Nelson Highway
Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
(Google doesn't understand this address: see direction details below)

Presentation summary:

Test automation has been recognized for years as a good thing to do, but
in the real world, they're nonexistent. Between tight production
deadlines and a lack of direction, we just give up and go back to
business as usual.

In this talk, I'll provide several concrete strategies to pursue, and
the tools to drive that change. From database migrations to scripted
deployments to defect driven testing, this talk covers a broad range of
"must have" topics. Come out and learn a few new ideas about how to
drive test automation in your company.

About the Speaker:

Jared Richardson is a best selling author and local consultant who
speaks at conferences and user groups all over the United States.
Despite being born and raised in North Carolina, he spends most of his
time working in other states. He's currently pursuing more local work to
avoid traveling and living in hotels. Take advantage of his current
situation, and have him come meet with your team today!

Agenda:

6:30 - 7:00 PM -- Meet, Talk, free Pizza
(Attendees coming before 6:30 should gather in the cafe area while the
meeting area is being prepared)

7:00 - 7:15 -- JUG Business and Announcements
7:15 - 8:15 -- Presentation
8:15 - 8:30 -- Discussion with Presenter
9:00 - Doors close

Admission:

Paid-up members of TriJUG may attend without additional charge. Non
members are asked to pay $5 per meeting. But, if you are either a full
time student or unemployed, then we ask only $2 per meeting. Membership
for 12 months is $40 and $15 respectively. The December meeting is an
open discussion Birds of a Feather meeting where food and refreshments
are free.

DIRECTIONS to Nortel Networks:

The address that can be cut and pasted into maps.google.com for to/from
directions is:

3931 E. NC Highway 54 Morrisville NC 27560

This points to the correct Nortel building drive entrance mentioned below.

> From Raleigh:

Proceed West on I40 to Davis Drive (Exit 280) Take exit for Davis Drive.
At the top of the ramp turn left (south) on Davis Drive Proceed to the
light at Davis and 54 (aprox 1/3 mile) Turn left onto 54. Proceed
approx. 1/4 mile to first (of 3) Nortel entrances on your left. Turn
left into Nortel site (you should see a pond to your right) Proceed
aprox. 200 yards to the first right turn into parking lot. Park near
center of near side of building Enter through guard station near BIG
YELLOW WALL. (Know your car's license plate number -- guard may ask.)

> From Durham:

Proceed East on I40 to Davis Drive (Exit 280) Take exit for Davis Drive.
At the top of the ramp turn left (south) on Davis Drive Proceed to the
light at Davis and 54 (approx 1/4 mile) Turn left onto 54. Proceed
approx. 1/4 mile to first (of 3) Nortel entrances on your left. Turn
left into Nortel site (you should see a pond to your right) Proceed
aprox. 200 yards to the first right turn into parking lot. Park near
center of near side of building Enter through guard station near BIG
YELLOW WALL. (Know your car's license plate number -- guard may ask.)

> From Cary/Apex:

Entering RTP on Davis proceed to intersection with Hwy 54. Turn Right
onto Hwy 54 (at light) Proceed approx. 1/4 mile to first (of 3) Nortel
entrances on your left. Turn left into Nortel site (you should see a
pond to your right) Proceed aprox. 200 yards to the first right turn
into parking lot. Park near center of near side of building Enter
through guard station near BIG YELLOW WALL. (Know your car's license
plate number -- guard may ask.)

Details of this meeting are at
http://trijug.org/meetinginfo.jsp?date=2009-07
The TriJUG web site is http://trijug.org